Losinjska plovidba - Mali Losinj was founded in 1958. with amalgamation of former Obalna plovidba, Rijeka and Losinjska plovidba, Mali Losinj. Company started with 36 mainly wooden ships, and total capacity was 6.589 GRT and 9.063 DWT. The company started very soon the regular line for North Africa with the steamship Cikat, and opened first ferry service between Cres and Rabac.In 1962. Losinjska plovidba, Mali Losinj absorbed Kvarnerska plovidba, Rijeka and Kvarner from Umag and started building and operating larger ships, with more regular lines to North Africa, Israel, Greece and Turkey. Losinjska plovidba was the first company to start implementing RO-RO technology on the eastern Adriatic in 1972.The initial scope of the company was to connect small ports on Adriatic islands with other Adriatic ports and later to main Mediterranean ports in the area. Later Losinjska plovidba become respectable Mediterranean liner operator, with main activity on North Africa, East Mediterranean and other Med destinations. Only in late 80-is company employed some ships on world-wide basis. Present lines have the same organisation but are using more modern ships and technology.With the development of shipping, two other activities were formed and in 1974. Losinjska plovidba – Brodogradiliste (Repair Shipyard) and Losinjska plovidba – Turizam (Tourism), become independent from Losinjska plovidba – Brodarstvo.Today each of the 3 companies act as limited liability companies, but all 3 are owned by Losinjska plovidba – Holding d.d. The privatisation and issuance of shares have been carried out by Losinjska plovidba – Holding d.d.The company is the member of BIMCO since 1966. and of Croatian Shipping Association “Mare Nostrum” in Zagreb.
All materials, layout and concept on this site are protected by Law about author rights.
Usage without written permissions are strongly prohibited.
Design and develop by Artur Erceg/2006 Last administrated changes : 28.11.12 Site info